It’s time to wake up that recording device cause we are a day away from a pair of two-hour American Idol shows (8-10 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday) this week. The AI judges will do some severe whittling of the Top 40 by week’s end (be still my beating heart….!).
But in the meantime let’s catch up on some AI news off our high-speed INW (Idol News Wire):
– Yes, Phillip Philllips’ mom was arrested on a DUI charge. Last week Sheryl Phillips was stopped after seen swerving her van across lanes of traffic in Albany, Ga. According to local law enforcement and TMZ she failed a field sobriety test. Sources say she split up with her husband a week ago. Phillip’s comments … “I don’t really have
anything to say about this. Nope, I really don’t.” Wonder if Phillip even went
Home after that?
– At a Valentine’s Day concert in Manila, Jessica Sanchez, although a little under the weather, did a 14-song set. The set included Can’t Take My Eyes Off Of You, Human Nature, Love On Top, Valerie, Someone Like You, Love The Way You Lie (she did this one with opening act performer and fellow Idol Colton Dixon), I Will Always Love You, Dance With My Father, Steal Away, And I Am Telling You, Nobody’s Supposed To Be Here, Fairytale and Jump In.
– Zoanette (does she really want to bang on the drums all day?) Johnson is in the Top 40. Maybe there really is hope for me.
– Just in case you are counting this is Janelle Arthur’s (in the Top 40) third time auditioning. She’s from Oliver Springs, Tenn. and one of the early favs to make it to the Top 10.
– Haley Reinhart will perform at the Foster Festival in Okinawa, Japan, on April 13.
– Adam Lambert has canceled his concert set for March 1st in Manila. The reason? The dreaded “unforeseen circumstances.”
– Crystal Bowersox, who performed in San Diego last summer, will release her new CD – All That For This – on March 26. The CD features 12 songs including one a duet with Jakob Dylan. Crystal is also going to play Patsy Cline in a Broadway production called “Always…Patsy Cline” which will debut sometime this summer.