We get down to the Top 24 (finally) starting Wednesday and we lern the names of 14 of them.
And we did it all the short (OMG) span of 3-HOURS!
Jen Hirsh (auditioned in Galveston, Texas)
“BABY I LOVE YOU”
– Not bad, not great. Judges tried to make her think she wasn’t going to make it (boy that routine is getting old) but she advances.
Creighton Fraker (New Yorker)
“NEW YORK STATE OF MIND”
– For what it’s worth his biological father was the lead singer of an ’80s hair band called Flotsam and Jetsam. Count him as part of the Top 24.
Lauren Gray (she didn’t fall off the stage in the group round)
“I WOULD RATHER GO BLIND”
– She didn’t make it into the Top 24 so she’ll have another shot next year.
Joshua Ledet (another fake-out on the result)
– Deserved to advance, but is he gonna be another Jacob Lusk?.
TWO MORE ARE ELIMINATED: Blaire Seber and Naomi Gilles.
Haley Johnson (appears to be very shy)
…nonetheless she makes it to the Top 24…
Neco Star (unique name, I’ll give him that much)
“LADY IN MY LIFE”
OUT along with Clayton Farmat, River St. James and Caleb Johnson.
Elise Testone (she is the old-timer in terms of Idol years)
“THIS IA MAN’S WORLD”
– She advances and deservedly so…)
Reed Grimm (basically a scat man)
“IT DON’T MEAN A THING IF IT AIN’T GOT THAT SWING”
…and he’ll take his Scat routine into the Top 24…
Erika Van Pelt (she is pretty self-assured)
– she skates into the Top 24 … barely
Chelsea Sorrell (remember her? she forgot the words to “I Told You So,” in Hollywood)
– She is through to the Top 24…
Baylie Brown (yet another country singer)
“HERE COMES GOODBYE”
– She advances but can she be another Lauren from a year ago, not…
Cowboy Richie and Heejun Han go next…
– Richie goes home (will he come back next year is the real question…
– …and of course Heejun (“NEW YORK STATE OF MIND”) makes it to the Top 24 cause he is just about the only personality left on the show this season…
Jessica Sanchez (better-than-average singer)
– no contest here, she is in the Top 24…
Phillip Phillips (OK, PP is in-in)
“NICE AND SLOW”
Colton Dixon (remember he didn’t want to audition again this season, but his sister Schyler did and then she was cut earlier and he wasn’t and they all cried)
– Colton, no surprise here, is in business…
Brielle Von Hugel (remember she has that giant flower in her hair)
“KILLING ME SOFTLY”
– She is in…
Adam Brock (he is a dad)
“YOU DON’T KNOW ME”
– And he is through to the Top 24 with tears in his eyes.